The most well-known national parks, such as the Masai Mara in Kenya and the Serengeti in Tanzania, have seen an enormous surge in foreign visitors. We see this development as a positive for the African countries that have invested in protecting their wildlife.
Our Slow Safari experience is unique and inspired by past explorers - who strive to get to the core of the safari experience to showcase you the best of nature.
Slow Safari is a philosophy and a set of values that represents the following:
1. An authentic experience that respects the natural surroundings. No mass tourism to be found here!
2. Peace, quiet and privacy. In certain camps, such as Laba Laba Jongomero, you are surrounded by the tranquillity of nature, with no interruptions from the outside world.
3. You can enjoy the sight of wild animals roaming free from your tent, whilst your safety is guaranteed by the Maasaï people, who are familiar with wildlife behaviour.
4. Knowledgeable guides, who will go above and beyond to deliver the safari experience you’ve always dreamt of.
5. Limitless possibilities! When it comes to your safari experience, you have total freedom.
● It can be done on foot, by 4x4 vehicle or even by hot air balloon (not available for our camps)
● Explore during the day or at night
● A personal guide and private vehicle can be reserved
● Start with an introductory walk to get familiar with the surroundings
● A fly camping safari option, for those who want to explore further. A guide, a Maasaï member and an armed ranger will accompany you.
Take advantage of the opportunity to indulge in some rest and relaxation.
● Savor the proximity to nature during breakfast, lunch, pre-dinner drinks and dinners, where you will be fully immersed in the wild.
● We favor organic ingredients, to care for your health and offer the best of nature.
● We are not aligned with industrial and chemical agriculture, which contribute to land destruction and have a negative impact on biodiversity.
● Indulgent spa treatments, inspired by nature, featuring water from local volcanic springs and views of the turquoise ocean at Fanjove.
● A fully equipped gym - with a view of nature - to maintain your health and fitness.
● An on-site team, devoted to taking care of your satisfaction and comfort.